17/08/2010

ducks' dormitory

Day 46. Tuesday 17th August 2010


I haven't been sure that all the ducks are finding a place in the bedrooms. So, first I tried a small one extra, then I tried a large one extra, then decided they might as well have all of them. So now they have a four-bedroom dormitory.

Late night antics

They were all in the dormitory, and several were asleep, for three hours this afternoon. Why is that, you might ask. It's probably because they were up most of the night.

I usually leave them to go to bed when they're ready, then latch them safe in the cage for the night. This is usually about ten o'clock. But I fell asleep on the sofa last night; woke at one-thirty; went out to lock them up, and they were all, except Tom, out in the pen floating on the pool.

So I left them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment