19/08/2010

an early night

Day 48. Thursday 19th August 2010

I fell asleep on the sofa the next night as well, and woke about three o'clock. When I went out to check on the ducks they were outside in the pen, and I noticed they were on the duckboards on the right in the picture. When I was hosing the duckboards down in the morning I noticed there was a lot of muck on these boards, where normally there isn't much; they don't go over that side a lot in the daytime.

Then I figured that they'd probably chosen that side at night because then there would be water between them and any intruder, if there were one.

Tonight was funny. I went out to them about 9:15, it was raining and nearly dark, and all except Tom were in the pools. I stood outside their pen and said, "Come on, then", and they left the water, walked in, single file, and all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment